Can I Enter?
As a significant portion of this adventure race takes place on the Msunduzi and uMngeni Rivers and to ensure the safety of competitors the following Qualifying Rules will apply:
South African entrants must be registered with a Canoeing South Africa (CSA) affiliated club for the current CSA paddling season which runs annually from 1 April to 31 March each year.
- All RSA entrants must be AR river rated in terms of the CSA Safety regulations.
- Paddlers who are at least CR rated may, upon special request to the organisers, paddle in the back of a K2 with a paddler who has completed at least 5 Dusi’s.
- All entrants from foreign countries must satisfy The Dusi Committee and The Dusi Safety Officers of their ability to handle the racing conditions presented by the Dusi.
- Entries will only be accepted from qualified paddlers already 15 years of age or older on 1st January in the calendar year of the race.
- If you have done a Dusi Canoe Marathon before, there are no qualifying criteria apart from belonging to a club – any race you do will help your seeding.
Paddlers who are not yet AR river rated in terms of the CSA Safety regulations, or CR rated (see point 3 above) may enter NOW, subject to achieving AR (CR) rating prior to the Dusi Canoe Marathon. Please note that no refunds will be made should AR (or CR) rating not be achieved.