1. NO SPECTATORS
· National Regulations under Level 3 do not allow spectators at any sporting event.
· Paddlers will require SUPPORT CREW (seconds). Whilst normal seconding is permitted down the route there are specific HIGH RISK areas where crowd generally gather. For this reason each paddler will be issued with 2 silicon armband accreditations. One PADDLER and one SUPPORT CREW accreditation. These are to be worn in order to access these specific areas which include; START and FINISH ZONES and HIGH-RISK areas (eg: Ernie Pearce Weir/West Street Bridge, MyLife Weir, Mission, Marriany-Foley, Molweni – a full list to be published in the Race Rules).
· In order to reduce crowds only a single SUPPORT CREW may access THESE AREAS to assist a paddler, if necessary. Should a paddler not require assistance we request that the support crew remain out of these areas. Covid-19 Compliance Officers may request that you leave an area due to the maximum number of people being exceeded, please comply immediately; failing which the venue in question or event may be shut down.
2. NO FOOD VENDORS
· Paddlers and support crew are to ensure that they are completely self sufficient with food and beverages while in the valley.
· No food vendors will be available at any of the start / finish venues to discourage crowding.
3. NO FINISH / START VENUE BOAT REPAIRS
· In order to avoid unnecessary people within restricted number areas there will be no boat repairs permitted at the Finish/Start venues.
· Boats that require no attention may be left in the boat pounds.
· Boat requiring repairs MUST be removed from these areas for repairs.
· Please ensure that you have made provision with your boat supplier to effect repairs or ensure that you have repair material on hand for you to effect the repairs off site.
4. NO CAMPING
· In order to comply with the Regulations camping at Campsdrift and Dusi Bridge will NOT be permitted.
· Camping at Msinsi Resort (Inanda Dam) will be managed by Msinsi on a first come first booked basis to ensure that restricted numbers are adhered to in this area.
We strongly recommend contacting potential boat repairers to make plans in advance of the event to ensure that you have a plan in place for someone to do any repairs for you or that you have the correct equipment and supplies on standby should you need to do the repairs yourself.
Please note that Rule 7.1 still applies.
7.1. Competitors must complete the race in the same kayak/boat and with the same partner in the case of a crew boat. (save for a paddler substitution concession approved by the organisers)