You may change partners for a medical reason as per the parameters below. You will be acknowledged as a finisher and will receive a medal, but will not be given a position and thus ineligible for a race prize.
1. Only race entrants will be considered
2. Substitutions can only occur if the previous day’s race has been completed with the paddler that is being substituted.
3. The remaining paddler has the option of continuing the race under the Blue Ticket Rule in either:
a. A K1 that can be brought into the valley or
b. A K2 with a paddler who has also subscribed to the Blue Ticket Rule by having lost a partner as well
c. The basis of the above is to guarantee that all paddlers who subscribe to the Blue Ticket Rule have each completed the entire race.
4. All Blue Ticket Substitutions to be channeled and approved through the official Blue Ticket Desk which can be found next to the Race Secretary at the over night stops
5. All substitutions should be received at least 30 minutes before the start of the first batch/paddler on Days 2 and 3.
6. In a K2 substitution, the batch allocation will be determined by the lower seeding of the two paddlers for the forthcoming day, except if you had earned an elapsed time slot or an A batch slot, you would then be moved to B batch.
7. In the event of a K2 changing to a K1, you will be allocated the same batch you would have been allocated as if you were in your K2, but if you had earned an elapsed time slot or an A batch slot, you would then be moved to B batch.